The Building Division implements the minimum requirements of the Florida Building Code (FBC) and Broward County Administrative Provisions currently in effect to safeguard the public health, safety, and general welfare. Our responsibility is to ensuring compliance with the Florida Building Code and the laws and regulations set forth by the City of Hallandale Beach. In this capacity, the division:
- Reviews residential, commercial and accessory structure building plans;
- Issues applicable trade building permit, such as, plumbing, irrigation, mechanical, and electrical permits for new residential and commercial construction as well as permits for additions, alterations/repairs to existing structures;
- Performs building, plumbing, mechanical, electrical, miscellaneous and sign inspections;
- Processes Certificate of Occupancy ;
- Registers licensed contractors (electrical, mechanical, plumbing, and irrigation) to perform work;
- Provides building code and unsafe structure enforcement; and
- Educates and conducts public safety and awareness programs.
Visit our Permits section of our page for more information on our permitting process.
For more information about how the Building Division can help you or your business, please stop by our offices or call us at (954) 457-1383 or email us at: energovcapteam@Hallandalebeachfl.gov
The City of Hallandale Beach is pleased to offer our citizens, businesses, and visitors access to our 24 hours a day, 7 days a week online services. Our online services page not only provides a quick understanding on the permitting process in our City, it allows the customer control over the process, and while tools help our staff optimize their daily routes allow for maximum efficiency. You can now pay online outstanding permit fees, view status of permit and schedule your inspection by visiting our Citizen Self Service (CSS) portal
We have also partnered with Broward County ePermitsOneStop, customers can now apply electronically which allow for our City staff and Broward County to review permits simultaneously, while reducing turnaround times, and for our customers it would eliminate any trips to Broward’s Government Center in Plantation.
400 South Federal Highway
Hallandale Beach, FL 33009
Phone: 954-457-1383Fax: 954-457-1488
Building Division's Counter Hours
Effective October 28, 2019
7:00 am - 5:30 pm
Monday -Thursday (Excluding Holidays)
Customers with questions requiring extensive assistance must be in line by 5:00 pm
Solar Energy in Hallandale Beach! The City of Hallandale Beach is a SolSmart Silver Designation!The SolSmart is a new national technical assistance and designation program, funded by the U.S. Department of Energy SunShot Initiative, designed to recognize communities that have taken key steps to address local barriers to solar energy and foster the growth of mature local solar markets. The SolSmart program seeks to address "solar soft costs," or business process or administrative costs that can increase the time and money it takes to install a solar energy system. For more information view solar incentives.