- Home Page
- Sustainable Development
- Planning and Zoning Division
Planning and Zoning Division
02/28/23 Update: Our Interactive Zoning Map is currently being updated. Please contact our office for information on our zoning districts (954) 457-2220 or Email us: planningandzoningdivision@Hallandalebeachfl.gov
MyHB Zoning District
To determine your zoning district, you may use our Interactive Zoning Map. Simply search for your address or parcel folio number, which will activate the zoning layer on the map. Once the address is located within the map the zoning district hyperlink will directly into our Zoning and Land Development Code and parcel id hyperlink will direct you into Broward County Property Appraiser.
Zoning & Regulating Maps:
HBB Corridor Subdistrict Regulating Map
HBB Corridor Subdistrict Zoning Map
Using the Permitted Use Charts
Use the code in the cross-referenced box to find out if the use you would like is permitted:
“P” means a use is a permitted use.
“C” means a use is a conditional use (a use that is allowed on a discretionary and conditional basis in accordance with the conditional use process
“-” means a use is not permitted in that zoning district.
Central RAC Permitted Uses Chart
Permitted Uses by Zoning District Chart
West RAC Permitted Uses Chart
Please note: If your property is located within an overlay district, additional or alternative standards may apply. Zoning overly maps are available on the map page. You may also contact the Planning and Zoning Division at (954) 457-2220 dial OPTION 5 to determine the zoning for your property.
1. Zoning Verification Letter, Address Assignment and Adult Living Facilities Submittals.
Please upload and complete the PDF Form.
- Request for Zoning Verification Letter (ZVL)
- Request for Adult Living Facilities Letters (ADF)
- Request Address Assignments
2. Email Application
- Please email form to the Planning and Zoning Division at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- An email confirmation will be sent back from the Planning and Zoning Division acknowledging your email has been received and on review.
3. Applications Under ReviewStaff will review your application, enter your information into our system which will generate an invoice that will be emailed back to requesting payment.
4. PaymentAn invoice will be emailed to you that will need to be paid though our Citizen Self Service (CCS) portal by entering your invoice number.
5. ConfirmationAfter you have paid your outstanding invoices. Please email us let us know you invoice has been paid. We will then, send you your request for a ZVL or ADL letter in a letterhead from the City of Hallandale Beach and signed by the Planning Division.
Administrative Variance Applications on Review
As a neighboring property owner, if you have received an Administrative Variance letter is to be informed of a request from an applicant. You can now view our Current Administrative Variance Application and Site plans on review with the Planning and Zoning Division. The notice received has been mailed out to all surrounding property owners within 150 feet of the subject property listed on the notice.
Notification of any protest to the proposed request by a noticed property owner must be submitted by emailing the Planning and Zoning Division at email@example.com. within 10 working days from the date of the notice.
400 South Federal Highway
Hallandale Beach, FL 33009
Planning and Zoning Division's Counter Hours
The Planning and Zoning Division is now open to the public Monday through Thursday from 7:30 am 5:00 pm. (Excluding Holidays) City hall is closed on Fridays.
You may contact our offices via email or telephone Mondays through Thursdays from 7:00 am - 6:00 pm.
While walk-ins are welcome, appointments are preferred. We strongly encourage you to make an in-person, by contacting us at (954) 457-2220 and Dial OPTION 5 = Planning and Zoning Division.
South Florida Regional Planning Council
Department of Economic Opportunity
American Planning Association (APA)
Broward County Property Appraiser's Office
Broward County Planning Council
Broward County - FEMA (Flood Map)
Interactive Flood Map