Return to Play
The City of Hallandale Beach is currently in Phase One partial reopening of BF James Park, Foster Park, Foster Park Plaza, Ingalls Parks, Joseph Scavo Park , OB Johnson Park and South City Beach Park as well as the City Marina and Hallandale Beach Cemetery Effective May 26th, the Phase One partial reopening includes expanded Park Hours and the partial reopening of the beach.
The City welcomes its residents to enjoy our reopened parks for walking and/or jogging while adhering to specific guidelines and restrictions:
Effective May 26th, the City welcomes visitors to the Beach daily with the following restrictions:
- South City Beach Park and Beach open 7 - 10am for walking, jogging, running only.
- Access to the ocean is prohibited. Swimming, wading, standing, fishing or any use of the ocean is prohibited. Visitors required to stay 15’ away from the waters edge. No lifeguards on duty.
- Furnishings, umbrellas, canopies, tents, chair loungers, coolers, concession style seating, beach chairs and related equipment including beach chairs provided by residential buildings/hotels and concessionaires are prohibited
- Sunbathing, sitting, or lying on the beach, organized activities, group events, special events, group or organized sports including, but not limited to, volleyball, soccer, or football are prohibited.
Park & Beach Operations
- All Park ordinances, rules and regulations are in effect.
- Designated Parks and City properties will reopen only for walking and/or jogging – patrons required to ‘Keep Moving’.
- Park hours are 7am – 9am and 4pm – 6pm daily. Effective Tuesday, May 26th, the park hours will be 7am - 6pm
- Parking lots will remain closed to minimize travel and encourage neighborhood use.
- The City Marina will reopen for boat owner access only. Guests are prohibited. In accordance with CDC guidelines, all users must practice social distancing. Marina restrooms shall remain closed to all users.
- The Hallandale Beach Cemetery reopen 7am - 6pm for family visitations that comply with all guidelines and restrictions. Burial Services will continue to be restricted by administrative guidelines.
Park & Beach Visitors
- Park visitors are required to enter the parks only through the designated entry/ gate.
- Beach visitors are required to enter beach only through South City Beach Park or a beach condominium entrance only. Beach accesses and NCBP remain closed.
- Visitors must follow current emergency orders and CDC guidelines for public areas, personal hygiene, physical distancing, social gatherings, and face coverings.
- Groups of 10 or less will be permitted following physical distancing guidelines.
- Visitors are not permitted to use parks if they are exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms.
- Play, fitness, and/or exercise equipment may not be brought into the parks or beach.
- Anyone in violation of the guidelines will be instructed to leave the park/ beach and will be prohibited from further use of the park/ beach for the remainder of the day. Refusal to leave upon the instruction of a City staff person or return to the park/ beach after ejection is subject to enforcement as provided in Florida Statutes Chapter 870 and/or Chapter 1, Section 1-8, Code of Ordinances, City of Hallandale Beach, and any other applicable laws.
In support of the passive ‘Keep Moving’ use, the following activities and amenities will remain closed. Please prepare for your visit accordingly:
- Outdoor Fitness equipment
- Dog parks
- Community Center/ Facilities/ YMCA
- Picnic Shelters/ Pavilions
- Athletic/ Sports Fields
- Athletic Courts (Volleyball, Basketball, Tennis, Racquetball, Bocce, Bankshot Basketball)
- Swimming Pools
- Sports Lighting
- Concession Stands
- Water Fountains
- Park Amenities (Benches, Picnic Tables, Bike Racks etc)
- All organized athletic leagues, games, races, practices, pick-up games and tournaments, recreation programs, events, and facility rentals are suspended
- Social gathering of groups of 11 or more people are not allowed
At this time, the BF James Pool, the Cultural Community Center, Golden Isles Park and Tennis Center (under construction), Gulfstream Academy Athletic Complex, Historic Hallandale School House, Historic Village, North City Beach Park, Peter Bluesten Park, Sunrise Park, Sunset Park, Teen Garden will remain closed.
For more information visit www.CoHB.org/Corona.
Phase One Open Parks
BF James Park, 777 NW 1st Ave
Foster Park, 609 NW 8th Ave
Foster Park Plaza, 610 NW 6th Ave
Ingalls Park, 735 SW 1st Ave
Joseph Scavo Park, 900 Three Islands Blvd
OB Johnson Park, 1000 NW 8th Ave
South City Beach Park, 1870 S Ocean Dr
City Marina, 110 Three Islands Blvd (Boat Owner Access only)
Hallandale Beach Cemetery, 801 NW 6th Ave