Surf Fishing is allowed, by those who possess or are exempt from a Florida Saltwater Fishing License, between 6pm and Dusk as well as between Dawn and 8am in the southern most 200 feet of the Hallandale Beach managed beach.
Florida residents and visitors are required to possess a Florida freshwater fishing or saltwater fishing license when engaged in fishing activities.
- A license is required to attempt to take fish. If you cast a line or catch and release, you need a fishing license.
- A saltwater fishing license is required to attempt to take any native or nonnative marine organisms, such as crabs, lobsters, and marine plants.
- Licenses and permits are required to help or assist in the take. Someone who is passively participating (baiting hooks, reeling), whether actively fishing or not, must have a license and appropriate permits.
The following individuals are exempt from a recreational freshwater or saltwater fishing license:
- Youth under 16 years of age.
- Resident seniors age 65 or older with proof of age or residency (such as a valid Florida Driver’s License or ID Card) or possessing an optional Resident 65+ Hunt/Fish Certificate (available at no-cost online at GoOutdoorsFlorida.com or at county tax collectors’ offices).
- Florida residents certified as totally and permanently disabled who possess a Florida Resident Disabled Person’s Hunting and Fishing License.
- Florida residents who are members of the Armed Forces of the United States, who are not stationed in this state and home on leave for 30 days or less, upon submission of orders.
- Other exemptions as listed here.
Recreational licenses and permits, including reprints, are available at GoOutdoorsFlorida.com, tax collectors’ offices, license agents, or by calling toll-free 888-FISH-FLORIDA (347-4356). Handling fees apply to telephone and Internet sales. See more information on Licenses & Permits.
Hallandale Beach City Code Prohibits the Following Activities:
Fishing on the public beach within restricted swim areas between the hours of 8am and 6pm Fishing between 6pm and Dusk as well as between Dawn and 8am is limited to the southern most 200 feet of the Hallandale Beach managed beach.
Commercial activity such as Fishing for Fee, Teaching or Training Fishing from a Dock or Pier