An inspector can arrive on site anytime between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
The inspectors are in the office every morning between 7:30 a.m. and 8:00 a.m. to take phone calls concerning scheduling and routing.
The Building Inspectors normally leave the office to perform inspections by 8am.
◦(954) 457-3066 - Structural, Roofing, Signs, Fences
◦(954) 457-1388 - Plumbing,
◦(954) 457-1387 - Electric,
◦(954) 457-1302 - Mechanical,
Timed inspections are not generally available and need to be arranged directly with the inspector; on a needs basis and as time permits. Call before 4pm the day before inspection day.
Show All Answers
(Also known as Citizen Self Services CCS Portal)
4. Enter the email address that will be used to log in (HB-ePermitting Portal), and click Next
a) This will generate an email to the email address entered.
5. Once you have received the email, click Confirm.
6. Enter a Username to be utilized for logging into HB-ePermitting (CCS) Postal (Note: The username can be your email address.)
7. Enter a Password and Confirm the Password.
8. Click I’m not a robot in the bottom of the box on top of the page.
9. Verify that all information is correct for any required fields. (Note: These fields are marked by a red asterisk (*)
10. Click Next
11. Enter a Personal Information
12. You will be required to Enter Contact Preference on how you would like to be contacted, my staff. You may also include additional information by Clicking on “Additional Contact Information”.
13. Click Next
14. Enter House Number, Street Direction, Street Name, and Street Type, and click Submit. Period, Commas, City, State, Zip Code are not required. Use only the number itself (Use 2 or 9, not 2nd or 9th.). (Example: 400 S Federal Hwy)
15. You’ve Successfully validated your Account in out HB-ePermitting portal and will be redirected to your Dashboard!
105.2 Workexempt from permit. Exemptions frompermit requirements of this Code shall not be deemed to grant authorization forany work to be done in any manner in violation of the provisions of this Code.Permits shall not be required for the following:
No permitshall be required, in this or any of the following Sections, for generalmaintenance or repairs which do not change the Occupancy and the value of whichdoes not exceed fifteen-hundred dollars ($1,500) in labor and material asdetermined by the Building Official.
Applies to one- and two-family dwellings and townhouses not more than three stories:
Applies to: Commercial Projects, including those with Residential occupancies not covered by the Residential Code.
If a permit is not required, you may proceed with your project. Otherwise if a permit is required. For further question please contact the Building Division at (954) 457-1378 or email us at: energovcapteam@Hallandalebeachfl.gov
All the forms and applications needed for the Building Services Division are found at the Building Applications and Forms. Each permit application includes pertinent information about the permitting requirements for that type of permit. Generally a permit application, two copies of plans and supporting documents and processing fee are necessary to start the permit process.
Here is an electronic copy of the Florida Building Code (FBC) . You can also visit Broward County Board of Appeal for more information.
Please read the Owner-Builder’s Affidavit careful to know about the risks involved in acting as your own contractor.
If you own and occupy a one or two family house you may be eligible to act as your own contractor per State Statute (489.103(7). As an owner builder though, if you do not complete all of the work yourself, you must supervise the work, and hire licensed trade subcontractors (electrician, plumbing, a/c, and roof) in accordance with state law. Owners acting as their own contractor are required to personally appear for all permitting, provide proof that the property is properly insured and be present for all inspections. All the requirements are found on the Owner Builder Affidavit.
The HB-ePermitting Portal can perform robust searches across several key areas in our portal (i.e., permits, plans, inspections, addresses, and parcels.) Users do not have to log into our portal to access the global search tool. Simply enter any of the following fields Inspection Number, Parcel Number, or Address field and click on Search to display a list of results that meet your search criteria.
1.Inspection Requests are called into Building Division (954) 457-1312 prior to 4 pm the day before inspection day. Provide the following information: Permit Number, Inspection Type, Job Site Address, Return Phone Number, and access instructions.
2.Inspection Requests may be scheduled online via the Citizen Self Service (CSS) Portal prior to 4:00pm the day before inspection day
3.The Building Inspectors normally leave the office to perform inspections by 8am.